An anxious horse and an anxious handler never have fun loading a trailer. European trailer engineers have designed a trailer with loading in mind.
The full-length loading ramp:
• Reduces the angle of loading - easier to load/unload horses.
• Allows the horse to have all four feet on the same plane, as it backs down the ramp.
• Anti-slip rubber and side stops on loading ramps.
• Galvanized steel spines to prevent ramp from flexing as horses come on and off.
• Gas-filled shocks to ease raising and lowering.
Horses do not like to enter small enclosed spaces … so European trailers create a space that can be made as open as you require:
• Fully removable divider can be swung to either side of the trailer for loading, or entirely removed.
• Lots of head room ahead of the chest bar to allow horses to lower their heads for balance and to clear their sinuses.
• Different size trailers for different size horses and different trailering needs.
• Chest and butt bars are adjustable from a 12 hand pony to an 18 hand warm blood.
• Simple release system on chest and butt bars are easy to use.
• Quick release system on chest and butt bars accessed from outside the trailer
Front Unload Option
Although most horses will learn to walk backwards off a trailer…some just won't! The Portax models offer a front unload option – very popular with veterinarians!
Horse Loading Video
Click Hereto see video of a 17 hand horse loading with ease into a Böckmann trailer.
Click on the Images Below to Enlarge